As part of the delegation of Federal President Dr. Frank-Walter Steinmeier
, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schulz
will discuss ethical issues of digital transformation at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University on November 1. The event will be broadcasted live here
(local time 10 a.m. = German wintertime: 3 p.m.).
Steinmeier's trip to Boston will mark the end of “Wunderbar Together
”, the Year of German-American Friendship, which was held under the patronage of the Federal President.
The Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University is delighted to welcome the President of Germany, Dr. Frank-Walter Steinmeier, to campus for a special event on November 1 to discuss the Ethics of the Digital Transformation.
President Steinmeier will participate in an interactive panel session on the ethical, legal, and societal implications of digital technologies across geographies and as viewed from different disciplines. The discussion is moderated by Urs Gasser, Executive Director of the Berkman Klein Center and Professor of Practice at Harvard Law School, and will include a Q&A.
In addition to the German President, the following experts will join the open dialogue:
- Jeanette Hofmann, Director of the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society, Professor of Internet Politics, Free University of Berlin
- Matthew Liao, Director of the Center for Bioethics, Arthur Zitrin Professor of Bioethics, New York University
- Melissa Nobles, Kenan Sahin Dean of the School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, Professor of Political Science, MIT
- Wolfgang Schulz, Director of the Leibniz Institute for Media Research | Hans-Bredow-Institut, Professor for Media Law and Public Law, Universität Hamburg
- Eva Weber-Guskar, Guest Professor for Philosophy, Humboldt University of Berlin
- Crystal S. Yang, Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
This special event, which will be webcast live on this page on November 1 at 10:00 a.m. Boston time, is part of the Berkman Klein Center’s Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence Initiative.